For many centuries, women around the world have been regenerating and restoring their skin with natural and self-care regimen. These ancient beauty treatments are passed down traditions from generation to generation. And in today’s busy lives and lifestyles, we are needing and craving more of these beauty knowledge. We are lucky to be able to restore our mind and body with these 3 Self-Care Skin Routines from Around the World:
India – Self-Massage (Abhyanga) Massage Oils
“The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to accidental injuries, or strenuous work. By using oil massage daily, a person is endowed with pleasant touch, trimmed body parts and becomes strong, charming and least affected by old age”
Charaka Samhita Vol. 1, V: 88-89
(One of the Great ancient texts of Ayurveda) - The Chopra Centre
This ancient beauty tradition from India is the best self-care treatment you can do from the comforts of your home. Follow these easy steps and you’re set for a restorative at home spa:
- Plan and schedule a good time when you can relax and restore at home.
- Traditionally, you have to check your Doshas according to Chopra.com from the article, “The Benefits of Ayurveda Self Massage”. And this time, I’ve selected our four natural and plant-based derived oils that are scent-free, relaxing, restoring and hydrating for the skin. Choose your favourite Massage and Bath Oils: Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Almond Oil
- If you want to warm up your oils, you can pour some on a clear glass container and place it on top of a boiling water. A warming process like when you’re melting a chocolate bar. Or if you have a candle diffuser, place your desired oil and light a candle to warm it up.
- If you want to add our 100% pure or aroma blend essential oils, go ahead and do so
- Begin to massage your oil starting from the top of your head and making your way down to the tips of your toes.
- If you’ve had a long day’s work, self-massaging your scalp and feet is a great way to nourish and relax your body. You can even use our Roll-ons for your on-the-go pampering.
- Allow the essential oils to penetrate your body. You can take as little or more time to allow your body to absorb the benefits of your desired body oil.
- Take a hot shower or bath.
- This self-care treat is one of the most effective way to hydrate, moisturize and replenish your skin for the rest of the winter.
Finland – Dry Brushing
Finnish women have been taking care of their bodies with this beauty regimen for many centuries and this is by far the best and quickest way to exfoliate the skin, improve muscle tone and stimulate our body’s systems. Here’s a few steps to follow:
- Dry brush before your hit the shower, I recommend to do this first thing in the morning.
- Start from the bottom of your body all the way to the top of your torso.
- Shower and moisturize your body with our Massage and Body Oils.
Japan – Hot Springs (Sento)
The restorative healing of natural and mineral hot springs is a great way to boost blood circulation and metabolism as well as skin detoxification and relaxation. Traditionally Sento’s healing public bath houses were made from the mineral rich hot springs. Today, we are grateful to relax in a natural Hot springs like the Harrison’s Hot Springs in BC. This beautiful getaway and self-care treatment is close to the city and a great location for a retreat with your friends and families.
“Since 1886, travelers have sought the source that provides warmth to our five mineral hot pools and inspiration for our healing spa treatments. And Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa has been welcoming guests ever since, with a marina that features fishing and nature tours, kayaks and bumper boats, and an inviting variety of lodging that includes suites, cottages and poolside guest rooms” – Harrison’s Hot Springs Resort and Spa
I hope that I’ve inspired you to try these self-care beauty treatments.
Do you have a traditional beauty regimen that’s been passed down to you? Share them with me on my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook page